Sunday, September 18, 2016

Stamp & Scrapbook Expo

This weekend was crazy busy. Such is life in large families but I wouldn't change it for the world. My weekend started Friday afternoon as I headed over to the Stamp & Scrapbook Expo for the first time in many, many years. I thought it would be a fun way to step out of my comfort zone and current social circle (which isn't very large anyway) and register for their card swap class they held. It was awesome and a very relaxed atmosphere. Some cool things were shared by different attendees about how they created their cards and then there were lots of fun prizes.  
Right up my alley!  
Anyway.... everyone was required to create 16 of the same card and the two different color schemes that we could choose from basically left us choosing to create Halloween or Christmas cards. 
I had to get really creative since I no longer own a ton of supplies but it was super fun and this is what I came up with.  This fun card is just the right amount of bulk and texture! I struggle with the "flat" card thing for whatever reason. I love the saying "all hearts come home for Christmas" so I knew I wanted that to be the sentiment on this card. I didn't have a stamp I could use so I designed my own banner and printed them on card stock and printed them out.  I am including it in this post for you so you can save it and use it if you like.  I did the same with the house but I drew it myself.  I sized it how I needed it.... then added water coloring pencils to it and then finished it off with iridescent glitter. I love glitter and it makes anything magical
especially Christmas cards.  If you end up using my graphic/digital stamp on anything I would love to see what you've created!  Be sure to share!  Hope everyone has a fantastic week!!





No comments:

Post a Comment