Friday, March 23, 2012

Settling in and getting Scrappy

Well..... we got moved out to Arizona okay and it's been awesome settling in and reconnecting with friends and family.  Shane found a job that we're grateful to have.  The hours aren't all that great but we are happy to be employed. :) The girls start at their new school on Monday and things will finally get back to somewhat "normal".  Thanks for all the prayers and emails in our behalf. You're the best! 

So you know I wouldn't survive mentally around here if I wasn't creating a bit.  It's my outlet.  My thing.  And I did a bit of it this week.  I scrapped a traditional layout using the "Saturdays" line by Little Yellow Bicycle.  Love the colors in it and they went perfectly with these photos I took of this sweet girl Savannah!  The white border along the top is one I hand cut and then the hemp was fun to twist and staple to make some hearts and the word LIFE.


I also made this card......


And this fun digital invitation for Brody's upcoming 4th birthday party.  Here's a link to the freebie kit I found online to create this with!  Pretty awesome and so nice of her to share! 


Oh!!! And I was asked to help out with the March samples for Page Maps with the rest of the Spellbinders team using Becky's new line of dies!  Here's the card I created and a link to the rest of the cards and sketches


And one more all-digital card I created using the elements from my new kit


Okay...... off to play some more with my family.  Shane has the day off today so we are heading over to my cousin's house to have dinner and play some cards.  Woot!  We also went to the movies with the kids and saw the Lorax.  The kids loved it.  Hope ya'll have a great weekend!  Hugs!



8 comments:

  1. Glad Shane found a job! Sounds like you guys have a fun weekend! Your creations are super cute! Can't wait to see you guys!
    -Hillary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad everything is going well for you and family! LOVE your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FUn creations! yeah-that you are Back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great creations! I really love that first layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids LOVED the Lorax!! ;) Welcome Back!! Hope you are ready for the heat because it's warming up quickly around here! ;) Love your creations ~ glad you were able to find some time to play! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so awesome! We moved 5 months ago and I'm still trying to get back into the create groove. As always, you inspire me! :) I'm so happy that you're back in AZ! I hope we can meet up sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where do you get all your energy... amazing projects! And glad to hear the move went well!
    Crafty Hugs,
    Pendra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome projects girl!Such pretty colors and images. My 3-year-old is sitting next to me and he really likes your Angry Birds card! :o)

    ReplyDelete