Friday, May 13, 2011

Always Together


This layout is being featured over at My Mind's Eye today.  YAY!!!! 

I didn’t have any recent photos of my kids and I together but when I saw this adorable photo that my friend Renee took, I just knew I had to scrap it!  This is our friend Angela and her sweet boy Sims.  She’s a single Momma and a Southern Belle by the very definition. 
I’ve watched her over the last few years that we’ve known each other and love the relationship she and Sims have.  That’s what was so awesome about this photo to me….. you can see the happiness they share.  Little Sims, with his arms tightly wrapped around his Momma like he’s never letting go. 
I hope when I’m older that my kids will still want to be near me and hugging on me like they still do.  That’s all I want.  That’s what will tell me if I’ve been a great parent…… I want my kids to stay close to me.  (Thanks for the sweet photo Renee, Angela, and Sims!) It was fun scrapping it and thinking about my own role as a Mom.  Oh…. And in case you don’t notice…. I created a fun tag for Angela to write a note to Sims on and it’s tucked in behind the photo.  Some Hidden journaling if you will.

****Also.... I need to mention that I created this layout based on last week's Sketchy Thursday's sketch!  Thanks for the inspiration ladies! 

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I saw this LO over at the MME blog. Love it!! I love how you embellished each circle and the hidden journaling tag! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this layout. I adore your clean scrappy style.

    ReplyDelete